If you’ve ever been to a shoe store and had your feet measured, the salesperson likely used a portable metal tool called a Brannock device. This handy item can determine the length and width of your feet, ensuring that you know what size shoes you should be wearing. There are various types of Brannock devices. Some are made specifically for men’s, women’s, or children’s feet. Others are built for sizing specific types of shoes, such as sneakers or ski boots. To find out your shoe size, it is strongly suggested that you go to a store where your feet can be properly measured. Wearing the correct shoe size can significantly benefit your foot health. To learn more about how the fit of your footwear affects your feet, please consult with a podiatrist.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of the podiatrists from Boston Common Podiatry. Our doctors will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office located in Boston, MA . We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.